Today Ali went to the doctor for her one year check up and the dr. told her NO MORE than 16 oz. of milk a day and two bottles or she will become anemic. Very sad for her. She loves her bottles- somehow it has become her comfort item and I know its going to be hard to give it up for her. Now she will only get one at bedtime and about 6 am. So far she is doing okay with it- she just cried for a minute in her bed at naptime. She weighs 24 pounds, which is in the 85% and is 29 1/2 inches long, which is the 60%. She also had to have three shots and she was really sad about that too. The whole way home she just wimpered and had a really sad face.
Another sort of sad thing: Daxton has decided he likes to call me Mom instead of Mommy. It makes me feel like he is getting too old!
Also, when will it be spring here? Is anyone else tired of being cooped up inside all day when it should be a lovely spring day!? It's snowing today.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
A sort of sad day
Posted by Josh and Leslie at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Why will drinking milk make her anemic? Is that common? I hope tomorrow is a better day.
I was going to ask that same question, why? I also hope tomorrow is a better day and wow I can't believe she's that big.
So sad for her, the news of only two bottles now and then having to get shots all in the same day! Good thing she is so cute to make up for all that sadness. And really, is Spring ever going to completely get here? By the way, I love your blog. So fun.
I have no idea- that is just what the doctor said! I should of asked but I didn't even think to at the time. He also said that since its whole milk also make her gain weight that she doesn't need.
Chunky babies are the best. Cam weighed about 23 pounds at his one year check up and 26 pounds at his 2 year check up, so he lost all of his rolls from only gaining 3 pounds in year. I miss his chunky thighs. I agree about the weather, I think my kids are going to go nuts if they can't go outside more.
Post a Comment