Monday, April 7, 2008

I cut my hair off...

So after keeping my hair long for nearly five years for my hubby (he thinks short hair is for old ladies, when they can't have their hair long anymore), I cut it all off. It started gradually- in December I cut it so that it was just barely at my shoulders, to ease him into the idea of me having short hair. I went in on Saturday and had my sister-in-law cut it about two inches above my shoulders. But I decided that wasn't short enough...so yesterday when we were at my inlaws, I had her cut just a little more off and make it more a-line. The funny thing was that we were trying to do it without Josh noticing (I thought he probably won't even notice that I cut a little more off) and I thought he was going to take a nap. We went and hid ourselves around by the front door so that he couldn't look over and see. Then I hear him get up to go to the bathroom. Oh no! We're going to get caught! Walked by, happened to not see where we were... phew...he didn't see us...but oh no, there is someone in that bathroom! So... he has to go to an upstairs bathroom and we are sitting right by the stairs. The look on his face was so funny. He just said I don't even want to know what you are doing and walked by. Brandy and I were laughing so hard. I felt like a little kid that had been caught doing something they weren't supposed to. When I showed him my hair later, he said it's okay but I can't tell you I like it or you will keep it that way and I like it better when its long. So we'll see how long it stays like this-- it is just takes so much less time to do and I don't have a ton of time to spend doing my hair with my two little kiddies!

5 comments:

mrs. jar said...

Leslie. I am so glad you have a blog and that now it will be even easier to stay in touch. Of course, now I have to see a picture of your cute new hairdo. I obviously don't have kids yet, but my hair is shorter than its been in a long time. It is just that much easier to do and when I do it, it actually looks done. Long hair is too much maintenance, and with me, it never really looked done. Anyway, your kidos are so cute and am excited to see more pictures of them on here. Talk to ya soon.

Lesley said...

I agree with Sarah we need to see a picture of this new hairdo!

Heidi said...

I also want to see a picture!

Kristin said...

I want to see a picture too!

Erika said...

Dido.