Tuesday, June 3, 2008

100 things about me!

So I'm finally doing the tag from Sarah like a month ago. Here are 100 things about me...
Sorry if you're bored reading this!!

1. I hate my food to touch.
2. I hate mushrooms.
3. I recently discovered baking. A little late, I know, but my husband loves it!
4. My favorite food/meal is ham and scalloped potatoes.
5. I only have 4 cousins- 1 on my dad's side and 3 on my mom's.
6. My favorite show is The Office.
7. We have a family dance to the music on the intro of the Office. For the kids sake, we all get really into and I am sure I would be embarrassed if anyone watched us.
8. I also love So You Think You Can Dance. This is by far my favorite summer show.
9. I also watch the Bachelor just because there is a blog that makes fun of it that is really funny. www.ihategreenbeans.com.
10. I love our tivo.
11. I never watch a show while its on. I wait until it's recorded and watch so I can fast forward through the commercials.
12. I can only fall asleep one way: On my back, with my pillow up by my face.
13. When I am sleeping, I can't stand to be breathed on, even by my husband or kids. My pillow has to block Josh's breath.
14. We have a goal to see a game in every Major League ball park.
15. My occupation is stay at home mom and I wouldn't pick any other job.
16. I love my husband and kids more than anything. They are truly my entire life.
17. I was a teller at America First Credit Union for 5 years before I quit to be a mom.

18. One year, I was the #7 teller out of hundreds of other tellers for my teller stats, like balancing and the most transactions. I got a nice bonus.
19. I have awful vision and I have to wear my contacts all the time.
20. Dax and Ali's naptime between 1 and 3:30 are MY hours. I worked really hard to get them on the same schedule, and when they wake up early, I hate it!
21. I have always wanted to visit New Zealand because my great great Grandma converted to the Church there and came here.
22. I hate to clean. I do it, but I hate it. I love when my house is nice and clean though!
23. I can't just watch TV. I have to be doing something else at the same time, ususally I'm on my laptop.
24. I very rarely can stay up to watch a movie. Josh has watched countless movies by himself.
25. I love to buy my husband and kids stuff because I like to see their reactions. I try not to go overboard.
26. Ever since the first year we were married, Josh and I have competed to see who can give the best Christmas presents. I have to admit, he usually wins and I am very spoiled. We should probably cut back now because of the kids.
27. My husband is my best friend.
28. I love to see him interact with our kids and how much they love each other.


29. I love to hear all of the new things Daxton learns to say everyday. They are funny. 30. When I listen to my ipod when I'm cleaning, I get done much faster. 31. I always wanted to be an elementary school teacher. 32. I had only one year left of the elementary ed program and decided I did NOT want to be a teacher. 33. I switched majors and graduated in Child and Family Studies. 34. I never had a career because I found out I was pregnant 2 days before I graduated from college. 35. My two children are only 15 months apart. 36. Even though it wasn't planned like that, I like how things turned out and wouldn't change it. 37. We aren't having anymore kids for at least 2 years. 38. I would like to have one more boy and one more girl about as close together as Dax and Ali and I don't know if we will have any more after that. 39. I have a really small family- only 1 younger brother. 40. I love that Dax and Ali are best friends and I hope that they always are.

41. I hate to be cold- I would much rather be hot than cold. 42. I love staying in the hospital after having a baby. It is just so peacful and nice. 43. I really love getting massages. 44. Or pedicures. 45. Or facials. 46. I must have 8 hours of sleep or I am not happy. 47. My favorite sport to watch is football. 48. Because I watch sports with my husband, I can talk sports with him and know the players. 49. Both my parents and Josh's are divorced. We have 7 parents. 50. All our parents live within 10 minutes of us. 51. My favorite color is dark purple. 52. I have the BEST calling ever. I am secretary in the Primary. It is great because I can do my job and have time to take care of Ali. 53. I love the Gospel. 54. I love that my husband holds the Priesthood and can give us blessings. 55. I have never lived more than 20 minutes from where I live right now. 56. I love getting the mail everyday. Sad that this is a highlight of my day sometimes! 57. My favorite catalog is Pottery Barn. 58. My favorite time of year is summer because I like to be able to enjoy the outside. 59. I don't really love dessert. It's okay but I can live without it. 60. I love icees. 61. I don't know how I functioned without my laptop. 62. When I was little, I loved Barbies. I had it all. 63. I don't know how I found my way around without the navigational system in my Jeep. 64. I don't know how my kids functioned without the DVD player in our Jeep. 65. I always wanted to be an architect when I was little. 66. I drew houseplans that were 10 stories high and had things like maids floors and mazes inside them. 67. I have drawn the plans for our dreamhouse. 68. I even know how I want each room decorated. 69. I wish I was a morning person but I am totally not. 70. I took 5 years of Spanish in high school and I don't remember any of it. 71. My favorite subjects in school were spelling and history. 72. I hate sleeping alone and I have a hard time falling asleep if my husband's not next to me. 73. I love roller coasters. 74. I went on a hot balloon ride when I was in high school. It looked like this: 75. I have enough scrapbook stuff to start my own store. 76. I can't get into digital scrapbooking. I just like doing it the "old" way much better. 77. Our house has a hair salon from the previous owners in it. I turned it into my craft room with a desk just like this only white. I love it.
78. I love to scrapbook my kids lives so that we can always remember them. 79. I visited Europe after my senior year of high school and I really want to go back. 80. I love tropical places too. I wish I were in a tropical place right now. 81. My favorite tropical place is Roatan, Honduras. Here:
82. My favorite place in Europe is called Cinque Terra in Italy. Here:
83. I love love love to read. 84. My favorite thing to read is any LDS fiction and the Twilight series is my current favorite. 85. When I start a book, I can't put it down. Max time to read an entire book is usually a day. 86. I need a list to do anything! Errands, housework, whatever, I like my lists! 87. I am a really bad loser at Monopoly. Probably because Josh beats me no matter what. One time, when we were first married, I got so frustrated I dumped a cup of water on his head! We don't play that game anymore. 88. I am really allergic to cats and many dogs. 89. I don't like owning animals. Probably because I am allergic. We have an outside dog and she is ok. 90. I also have outside allergies and I had to get allergy shots for 3 years- they really helped. 91. I love where I live- I know that this is where I want to raise my family. 92. My favorite movie is the Notebook. It is just such a beautiful love story.
93. I hate the movie Spanglish. I know that morally they can't end up so that's good but it just makes the ending so unsatisfying to me. 94. I also make calendars for myself. This is probably just longer term listmaking. 95. I wish I was a good singer. 96. I met my husband through the drive up - I was the teller and he came through a week after being home from his mission. 97. I have lived in 4 places since being married. 98. I was married October 15, 2003. 99. I was married in the Bountiful Temple. 100. I knew I would marry Josh on our 2nd date. I'll have to tell that story (our story) sometime. I think that it is a good one. Here we are about two weeks after we started dating. We were already talking about getting married.
Well, theres 100 things about me! Hopefully you weren't too bored. Sorry I don't have tons of pictures of myself-- I am always the one taking them! I need to hand the camera over to Josh more! I tag whoever wants to do this- it was actually kind of fun to think of things about myself!


6 comments:

Heidi said...

I loved learning more about you! The monopoly thing made me laugh. Have you read The Host yet? It's really good!

Lesley said...

I didn't know you had a salon in your house.. How fun.. You need to invite me over sometime..

mrs. jar said...

We really do have a lot in common. I hated Spanglish too. It has been so long ago that I saw it so I don't really remember much, I just remember thinking "Ugh, I hate this movie!" You are such a cute mom, anyway, it was fun reading about you.

BKC said...

I loved reading this!! You are too funny. ANd I love the pics of your family. Remember the good ol' anita stansfield days? I will forever remember our conversations :) hee hee i am totally into Twilight series right now as well. I feel a bit like we should have an AP Contract conversation on them....

Erika said...

That was fun to read. Even though I hate doing tags, I do think they are interesting when other people do them.

Jodi B. said...

I love learning so much about other people, it makes you realize how much you have in common. I'm still working on my list.