Saturday, May 31, 2008

The end of babyhood

So first of all, what's summer without ice cream from Grandma? Thanks, Grandma!


I don't know why getting rid of all these binkys was so hard for me. We've been done with them now for about 4 months-- Aliya decided when she was about 8 months old she didn't like them anymore and we took them away from Daxton just after his 2nd birthday. So I couldn't bring myself to throw them away when we were done with them so I just stuck them in a cup in our cup cabinet for the last four months. Seriously, like 15 binkys. Finally, the other day, I decided it was silly to keep all of them, so I took a picture of them, kept one binky from each baby and threw them away. (My son emerged with a binky later in the day-- and was so excited-- I had to hide them better in the garbage) I think it was hard because it made me realize we are done with babies for the next 2+ years. And even though I am totally not ready for another baby, it makes me sad not to have one anymore.

So, on to toddlerhood. And what does toddlerhood bring? Potty training!! We've been trying to get Daxton to sit on the potty for a few months now, and some days he will, some days he won't. I have no idea how to progress further in this. Like do I just need to just completely focus on it with him for a few days, or do it slowly or what? Usually, he sits on the potty, and then while I'm waiting I have to leave the room for Ali or something and entertain time starts. He climbs on the toilet, stuffs toilet paper down it, and any other number of entertaining things a 2 and a half year old can think of to do it the bathroom. He is pretty creative. The other day, he decided that it took too much time to unroll the toilet paper from the roll and so he would just stick the whole roll in the toilet. Pretty smart if you ask me... lots of time saving!

So to all of you experienced potty trainers out there, whether I know you very well or not-- if you have potty training tips or how to's, I am up for them!! Please leave me a comment and tell me how to get my crazy boy potty trained! I feel like he is ready, he understands and can talk in full sentences and I of course think that he is pretty smart!! So let me know!


0 comments: