On Saturday, Aliya had her first pig tails. She looked so cute! It took about ten minutes to get her hair parted because she does not sit still for very long. It is hard everyday to get her to just sit still when I put her hair in a ponytail on top of her head everyday! My sister-in-law Amanda was hanging out with us all day on Saturday and so she was distracting her while I was doing the pigtails. I gave her bangs on Saturday too. I can't decide if I like her better with or without. She has two cowlicks right on the back of her head so that is why the back is kind of funny!
And... the pigtails lasted for about ten minutes until she figured out that she had them in and she pulled one of them out! Oh well! We weren't going anywhere so it just stayed like that! Like her necklace? She usually wears it all day, everyday.
And on to naughty boys... he looks innocent doesn't he??
Well, not so much. Yesterday we had quite the Sacrament Meeting. First of all, let me start out by saying Sacrament Meeting isn't exactly fun for us anymore. Our church starts at one, and one is when both my kids go down for a nap. So church starts at exactly the time they should start their nap. On Saturday nights, I let them both stay up a little later so that they will hopefully sleep in a little on Sunday mornings (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't). Our Sacrament Meeting is last so first they play in nursery for and hour and a half and by Sacrament Meeting at 2:45, my kids are one of two things: so tired that they are cranky and whiny, and eventually fall asleep, or past that point, which is just insane little crazies. Well, yesterday, Daxton decided to be option #2. The first 45 minutes was okay, he played with his aunt and uncle (Josh's dads family is in our ward), he ate, and then he got bored. He spotted my sister-in-law Amanda's wheelchair at the end of the bench. Amanda was sitting right behind us with some other girls and her wheelchair was parked next to her. He LOVES to sit in her wheelchair. So he went and sat in it. Next thing we know, he has ran four or five benches up the aisle in front of us. Me and Josh see him and start frantically whispering- you get back here right now!! And what does he do? He gives us this little grin like yup, I'm really going to do it. And before we could grab him, he was up on the stage. He goes over to the side and peeks over the top and grins. It was at this point I stopped watching and took care of Ali. I'm whispering to Josh, go get him now!! Josh starts walking up to get him and I hear little feet stomping all over the stage and then what more, you ask?? The piano. Yes, HE DID. My cute little boy thought it would be funny to pound on the piano in the middle of some man's testimony. Thank goodness Josh got up there right then so the piano playing wasn't too bad. The whole ward is laughing and I could not look up. I was laughing too, it was funny and what else could you do. However, I was very very embarrassed!! I'm sure that our ward thinks we can't control our children! But never again will he be allowed to sit in Amanda's wheelchair and you can mark my words that he will never get away like that again!
Here's what my family did while I was cleaning the inside of our house today:
Monday, May 5, 2008
Piggy tails and naughty boys.
Posted by Josh and Leslie at 8:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
This was so funny! First I love her pigtails. I am a little scared to have a daughter, not sure I will be able to do hair. The sacrament story is great, I laughed through the whole thing. I love that picture of Josh mowing the lawn with the kids, what a great dad! That must be quite the workout mowing the lawn and carrying two kids around. So cute!
Love the sacrament story... I wonder why on earth we even go to church.. Lily is awful during church.. Ours is at 11. That is lunch time and the end of her 1st nap.. Anyhow these stages will pass soon enough!!!
I love the picture of your little family mowing the lawn. So cute. What a good daddy.
What a stinker!!! Although I love the story, you have to write that down somewhere. Your family is soo cute!
Hey you two.Came upon your blog and wanted to say HI...That picture of all three mowin the lawn what a great dad!! Sacrament story is great and think most Sundays ummmm here we go again... Check out my blog at olsen4.blogspot.com...Your family is so cute and this blogging thing is great, such a fun way to see how everyone has grown up and started such cute families....
Kristina(Bastow)Olsen
Post a Comment