Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Father's Day Weekend!

So this post is LONG overdue... and I meant to write it last week after Father's Day but we have been crazy busy and I haven't had any time! Our Father's Day weekend was quite the celebration and quite extensive... since we have so many fathers! Here is how is started...
I had to make dessert for our Saturday party at my mom's and Miss Aliya helped me! She LOVED licking the spatula and beaters! I made this cake that is Josh's favorite... my mother in law Sarah's recipe. It is sooo good and everytime anyone makes it, everyone loves it. So here is the recipe:
First, bake a white cake according to the package directions. Let the cake cool.
Next, mix the following: 1 cup whipping cream, 8 oz. cream cheese, and 2 cups powdered sugar. Mix these together until they are stiff and then spread on the cooled cake.
Last step: Get a box of raspberry Danish Dessert (it is in the jello aisle and if they don't have raspberry strawberry works too) and follow the directions on the box. Make sure to pay attention to the Danish Dessert when it starts boiling because if you don't stir it the whole time, it WILL burn! When that is done, pour in two bags of frozen raspberries and spread the mixture on the top of the cake. Super good and super easy!!

Then, Saturday afternoon, we went to Josh's dads to let the kids play on the slip and slide with Josh's sisters and brother. They had a blast.
I think this is one of my all time favorite pictures of Ali. Gotta love the chubbiness.
Then Saturday night, we went to my mom's for an early Father's Day party. Dax climbed his first tree:
And my brother pulled them around in a bucket:

On Sunday, we made Josh breakfast in bed and gave him his presents and then went to church. Then we went to Josh's dads and I forgot my camera.

On Monday, the celebration continues! We took my dad to Josh's moms restaurant for dinner and then to the driving range. Here is what Ali did at the driving range:

My dad and Daxton:
My little golfer. He loves it and can actually hit the ball about 30 feet down the hill. Definately a lefty. And that is Josh's hat from high school. He wore it all night.
So, we had a fun Father's Day, or I guess I should say weekend, and happy father's day to all the Dads in my life and this post is late, but better late than never!

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

That is a busy weekend but alot of fun! It's funny I make that same cake and it is Eric's favorite too. That is a great picture of your little girl she has the cutest little expression on her face.

Heidi said...

We'll have to try that cake, thanks for the recipe. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, I love the picture of Aliya on the slipping slide and the last one of Daxton. What cuties!

mrs. jar said...

I love the picture of Richard pulling the kids in the bucket. So cute! I'm gonna have to try the cake recipe...it sounds yummy.