My kids have reached an age which I am sure no mother looks forward to. They have learned how to fight with each other. All day long. For no reason. Ali has one more cheerio in her bowl than Daxton and so he must have that bowl. Ali cries. 5 minutes... later... Ali sits on the toy ride and so since she is on it, Daxton must be on it and pushes her off. I kick Daxton off the ride and put Ali back on and she is now so touchy towards him that he can't even be within 5 feet of her and she will start to cry. 5 minutes later... Daxton takes Ali's blanky and runs away with it because he thinks it is funny and she screams for 10 minutes. And even though this sounds like Daxton is always the one who starts it, Ali starts it just as often.
I have to admit, there are sometimes during the day that they play for quite awhile without fighting with each other. And they really are best friends a lot of the time. I know that my mom is laughing right now because me and my brother fought like cRaZy with each other. I guess it is just a part of brother and sister hood. Oh well, here's to the beginning of the next 15 years of fighting! (Hopefully not!!!!)
Friday, July 18, 2008
My children have reached a certain age...
Posted by Josh and Leslie at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Boy do I hear you, sometimes I just get so sick of the fighting. Every time I hear one of them cry I just want to ignore it, whining is the WORST! Cute new posts, I think that picture of Ali in her swimsuit is just so darling, and that is the cutest little swimsuit on her.
I feel your pain, my boys are darling together, but they also fight and it drives me crazy!
Sibling rivalry, gotta love it! I am sure it is so fun for your mom to watch your little ones grow. It probably reminds her so much of her own life a few years ago.
Leslie, this is the cutest blog I've ever seen! Here is ours. We have a pic of our new baby on there: lilporterhouse.blogspot.com
Hang in there!
Julie Williams
Post a Comment