Friday, July 18, 2008

Pineview

On Wednesday night, we took the kids up to Pineview to have a picnic on the beach and play in the water. It was alot of fun. Ali was fearless... I don't even know how many times she dunked herself and would just go right back into the water. (Don't worry, Mom we were right next to her the whole time!)
Daxton was very unsure of it at first. I think that he is old enough to realize that it was a REALLY big lake and old enough to be a little scared. So for the first 20 minutes he was just throwing rocks in the water.
Finally, I made him come in with me. Sometimes, I have to just make him do things because he is scared but I know once he tries it he'll like it. Like slides at the playground. So he did love it once we started swimming but he only felt secure if he was holding on to the strap of my swimsuit.
It was a really fun day. We didn't get there until 6:30 so that it wasn't hot and we were the only ones there. By the way... Pineview is much... browner than I remember. The water was NOT blue or clear in any way shape or form. Kinda gross. I was so so glad to come home and shower!

1 comments:

Shauna said...

I have been sad because you haven't posted in awhile. Even though I never leave comments I am checking your blog and keeping up to date on your cute fam! I am glad to see that your child is kind of timid because I have to make Jace do things too. It is nice in a way because they don't get in to much trouble but frustrating also when you just want them to have fun.