Monday, August 4, 2008

Big Boy Bed!

We finally got Daxton a big bed. We waited for awhile because I was really nervous about it... like I could just imagine no more nap times and nap time in our day is absolutely completely essential for both my sake and Dax's. But we finally got it and he was sooooo excited. Here he is on the first night. He was just laughing and giggling like it was the funnest thing ever.
He went to sleep like a pro... like he'd been sleeping in a bed his entire life! A couple nights later I found him reading in bed-- which is his new favorite thing to do. We read like 15 books a night before bed and then he always wants me to sleep with him. Way down, mommy. Daxy scoot over, he says. In this picture, he had all the essentials: blue baseball blankie that has been washed so many times I can see through it, a sippy of water, and his puppies. All set.
Obviously he doesn't have bedding yet- right now his room isn't too nice since we are kind of transitioning from baby to boy but I have big plans for his room so I'll have to post them when I get it done. There is a ton to do... like refinishing a bunch of furniture and other stuff. Hopefully in a month from now. Maybe if I write my goal down it will make me get it done faster. So in one month, I WILL have his room done!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun! How old is he now? I'm so nervous for when that time comes, have you done anything that has really seemed to work for keeping him in his bed?

Josh and Leslie said...

Heidi-
He is 2 1/2. I was nervous too! When he tries to get out of bed, I just go and put him back in, sometimes over and over. But really, he loves it so much that he is being a big boy that he is really good about sleeping in it!